Saturday, May 17, 2008

Pics from Back Room Live @ Pegasus

P!!

I went to see some friends and acquaintances read their poetry at Pegasus on Shattuck in Berkeley. I am always apprehensive going to things like this. I don't know a lot about poetry, only how it makes me feel. Will I like it? If I don't, how honest should I be. I would want to know if someone didn't like my work but I'm learning that my penchant for honesty confuses other people. So just because I would want to know something does not make me immediately think that another would appreciate the same. Lucky for me, after shaking some nerves and insecurities about being an impostor at a poetry reading, I found it to be a really fun event. The readings were touching, funny, offensive, charmed, and emotional. There really aren't enough adjectives to describe it, which is why there are poems in the first place. I took some pictures during the readings. The lighting, however, was terrible. So I slowed the shutter, set the ISO to 800, steadied my aim, focused and fired. So I apologize for any blur or graininess in these images. But overall the lighting is romantic and befitting a poetry reading. I uploaded the images to my flickr page... so rather than uploading them to multiple places online if you care to view the pictures go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/makeascenephotography/

feel free to download the images and use them any way you would like. especially if you were one of the readers. If you don't care for the images I won't be offended either.

No comments: