Saturday, April 5, 2008

I had a dream this morning

I woke very early this morning to a phone call from Jeannine, "Deanne is in labor." After I hung up the phone I looked at the time. It was 4:00 am. I fell back asleep and woke up again around 8:00. I felt really sick. My throat felt swollen shut, so I used a flashlight and looked into my mouth with the bathroom mirror. My tonsils are big and covered in white. So I went back to bed, and fell asleep.

I had a very strange dream. I can't remember most of it but I do remember holding open a door for a large group of women. But they didn't go through the door, they couldn't decide if they really wanted to go in. So I grew impatient and let the door close on them. They were offended so I left.

I then found myself in a small room with my sister and a rat cage. The cage was full of baby rats, their eyes still closed and no fur. Pinkies. But something was terribly wrong. The pinkies were stuck in the bars of the cage and most were dead. So I was trying to free them from their hanged perils. Some tore apart as I pulled on their cold bodies and I felt terribly sick. Luckily there was a toilet in front of me. I threw up. My sister laughed.

The phone rang again. This time it was the landlady. I was afraid I might really have to throw up, but I was fine. It was 10:00 so I got up to feed the cats and then went back to bed. I'm not sure if the phone call from Jeannine was real or just a dream.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.